Safety. Responsibility. Confidence.
LICENSE2KARI WILL TEACH YOU
At License2Kari firearm and range education and safety is of paramount importance.
- ALL FIREARMS must be unloaded, concealed, holstered or in a case when entering or exiting the building.
- ALWAYS Keep The Gun Pointed In A Safe Direction.
- ALWAYS Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Ready To Shoot.
- ALWAYS Keep The Gun Unloaded Until Ready To Use.
Learn more about NRA gun safety rules.
We never want our classes to be intimidating. Many of our students are first time shooters. We will teach you:
- Grip – How to hold the gun.
- Stance – Best practices for how you stand when shooting.
- Sight Picture – What you see when you shoot, the basics of marksmanship.
- Trigger Pull – How to properly position your finger on the trigger and gently press straight to the rear.
- Follow Through – Reacquiring the sight picture, maintaining proper grip, not anticipating recoil.
Owning a firearm comes with a great responsibility to control access to any weapon in your home or car. Choosing the right gun-storage system is based on your personal needs and circumstances. We will teach you about various storage methods including:
- Trigger Locks
- Gun Cases
- Strong Box or Security Case
- Locking Steel Gun Cabinets
- Gun Safes
Kari received her Masters from Texas State University and taught private piano lessons and general music for over 20 years. Her love for teaching led her to a new passion of shooting and firearms education, including teaching safe and responsible methods for gun handling. Her most popular class at Buck and Doe’s Mercantile is her Women’s Shooting 101 class. Kari loves equipping people with the knowledge, skill and attitude necessary to operate their firearms in a safe and controlled environment. Kari is proud to be the chapter leader for the Well-Armed Woman shooting chapter. The only one in the San Antonio area.
Classes are taught at Buck & Doe’s Mercantile
Class schedule is subject to change, some classes require a minimum class size.
Range Safety Rules
Never enter Buck & Doe’s Mercantile with a loaded firearm.
On the firing line, always point the muzzle downrange.
Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until your sights are on target and you are ready to fire.
Commands issues by the Range Safety Officer must be followed immediately.
Hearing and eye protection must be worn on the range.
You must acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree with the general range rules.